Paris, France – VC Analyst Intern
Aster: a growing international Venture Capital fund specialized in industry transformation
Headquartered in Paris with offices in San Francisco, Tel Aviv and Cambridge (UK), Aster supports entrepreneurs that are looking to establish new models in the energy, industry and mobility sectors. Since 2000, we have partnered with more than 60 energized startups that are transforming markets through innovative offers and technologies. We have a stage agnostic approach with preference for Seed/Series A.
We are more than investors and we intend to act as an ally for entrepreneurs by connecting them to a valuable ecosystem of experts, influencers and business leaders. From marketing to executive talent, our commitment to help our portfolio companies grow their business is further exemplified by our Business Hub team, which is dedicated to connecting startups with corporates.
Why join us?
Aster is building the most relevant community to help startups grow and transform the industry. By mobilizing the support of our industrial network, coupled with a significant international presence, we act as a catalyst for fundraising, market access and geographic expansion. Within the Aster team you will be involved in the whole investment process and market investigation, as well as supporting our corporate network.
Aster is an international team with a collegiate decision-making process where we value contributions from everyone. We are quality-orientated, and opportunity-driven. We look for teammates that share our values: humility, loyalty, supportive and committed to professional ethics. Initiative and innovation are deeply supported!
What you will directly contribute to do
- Dealflow generation and management ; deal sourcing: strategic watch, events and conferences ; screening and analysis on European and American startups ; building relationships with entrepreneurs ; review of business plans
- Detailed review of investment opportunities ; Assessment of company forecasting, market, product and technology ; Valuation analysis and exit opportunities assessment
- Research activity ; Market reviews that will be published on our website dedicated to sponsors and industry network ; Participation in events and exchange with industry experts on new market dynamics
What you will need to be successful at
- You demonstrate a high level of curiosity in the sectors we are looking at
- You are autonomous and proactive
- You thrive on understanding and analyzing in order to make considered decisions
- You have experience in entrepreneurial environments (VC, startup, incubator, etc.)
- You are fluent in English (French is a plus but not mandatory)
- You have strong interpersonal skills and identify with our mindset: entrepreneurial spirit, committed to sustainability, highly motivated, teamwork and collaborative
- Start: Jan 2020 (flexible)
- Location: 26 avenue de l’Opéra, Paris 1er
- Contract: Internship
Contact: Raphaëlle Martin-Neuville email@example.com