Paris, France – VC Analyst Intern – Italian native speaker
Aster: a growing international Venture Capital fund specialized in industry transformation
We are a Venture Capital fund investing in entrepreneurs focusing on the sectors inseparable from the world’s shared challenges – climate change, quality of living and the sustainability of economic growth. At times contributors to the problem, industrial sectors are also fundamental to the solution. From Energy to Manufacturing and Construction, and from Mobility to Food, we’re passionate about the industries with the greatest impact on our daily lives.
Headquartered in Paris, we have also offices in San Francisco, Tel Aviv, and London. Since 2000, we have invested in more than 60 startups that are transforming markets through innovative offers and technologies. We have a stage agnostic approach with a preference for Seed/Series A (tickets from €500k to €10m).
We are more than investors and we intend to act as an ally for entrepreneurs by connecting them to a valuable ecosystem of experts, influencers and business leaders. From marketing to executive talent, our commitment to help our portfolio companies grow their business is further exemplified by our Business Hub team, which is dedicated to connecting startups with corporates.
Why join us?
Aster is building the most relevant community to help startups grow and transform several industries. By mobilizing the support of our industrial network, coupled with a significant international presence, we act as a catalyst for fundraising, market access, and geographic expansion. Within the Aster team, you will support/lead the fundraising efforts across Italy, as well as the deal flow management and the investment analysis.
Aster is an international team with a collegiate decision-making process where we value contributions from everyone. We are quality-orientated and opportunity-driven. We look for teammates that share our values: ambition for impact and results, humility, loyalty, supportive and committed to professional ethics. Initiative and innovation are deeply supported!
What you will directly contribute to do (same expectations as a full-time analyst)
- Support/lead fundraising efforts across Italy
- Structured research and mapping of the Italian institutional investor base
- Proactively reach out to investors and work closely with the partners to establish relations and further raise awareness across institutional investors
- Support the creation of fund marketing, presentations, and wider documentation
- Dealflow generation and management
- Identify and source new investment opportunities
- Engage with the entrepreneurial communities
- A detailed review of investment opportunities
- Assessment of company forecasting, market, product, and technology
- Valuation analysis and exit opportunities assessment
- Research activity
- Performing thesis-based market research and industry analysis
What you will need to be successful at
- You demonstrate a high level of curiosity in the sectors we are looking at
- You are autonomous and proactive
- You thrive on understanding and analyzing in order to make considered decisions
- You are native in Italian and fluent in English (French is a plus but not mandatory)
- You have strong interpersonal skills and identify with our mindset: entrepreneurial spirit committed to sustainability, highly motivated, teamwork and collaborative
- Start: Jan 2020 (flexible)
- Location: 26 avenue de l’Opéra, Paris 1er
- Contract: Internship (4-6 months)
Contact: Fabio Lancellotti firstname.lastname@example.org