Aster is an active venture capital player with more than 20 years of existence and a consistent track record across its first three generations of funds. We have developed our expertise in the Climate Tech Space, including verticals such as Energy, Industry and the Mobility sectors, supporting entrepreneurs having as primary mission a positive impact on climate change.
We are a small team yet very entrepreneurial, leading several side-activities with notably an impact fund dedicated to access to energy in Sub-Saharan Africa, a venture consulting firm, Aster Fab, that is consistently growing since 2018, and Aster Class, a training organization that provides a framework for sharing Aster expertise. We consider each and every opportunity to create transformative change!
Why you would want to join us
We adopt a collegial decision-making process that shares knowledge and where initiative and innovation are deeply supported. You will help us identify and invest in the new generation of startups: our portfolio already includes game-changers such as Eficia, Karos, Iceotope and many more. Also, in the last months, we have notably sold Ekwateur and Betterway that we had financed at seed-stage.
We have our offices in Paris but we work internationally and with a flex office organization.
What you will do
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of Aster’s investment sectors to identify new market trends and best positioning in the value chain
- Directly assist senior deal members during the due diligence process and participate in commercial, strategic, operational, financial and legal due diligence including customer reference checks, meetings with industry experts, auditors, lawyers and consultants. Review financial projections post due diligence. Progressively take the lead on part of the due diligence process (depending on seniority)
- Provide recommendations and progressively take the lead on the deal evaluation process of an investment opportunity. Prepare the groundwork for Advisory and Investment Committees.
- Contribute or take responsibilities (depending on seniority) on monitoring Portfolio Companies (impact and financial) performance against their plan and contribute to their value creation process
- Mentor the Analysts/Interns in all aspects of the deal process, specifically on research and analysis of the potential investment opportunities
- Help with the fundraising process for our new Article 9 fund
- Represent Aster Capital by taking part and speak at startups/corporate events and conferences
- Build relationship with entrepreneurs, investors and executives to stay informed of well-performing early and growth companies and unearth investment opportunities
Who we are looking for
- 3-5 years of experience in Private Equity/Venture Capital firms or alternatively entrepreneurship/startups with practical knowledge/being exposed to innovative and disruptive topics
- Ability to work independently and to network
- Sector specific knowledge is a plus
- Entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- Engineering or Business Administration Degree
- English and French; another European language is a plus
- Direct or indirect experience in the DACH with demonstrable network and /or references is a plus.
What you will need to be successful at?
- Value Creation: progressively able to understand and clearly articulate an investment thesis, and to add value to the commercial understanding and investment thesis of deals/opportunities. Demonstrate a strong appetite to learn and challenge the status quo
- Attitude: Self-starter and demonstrated risk taking capabilities, being able to react fast and take decisions
- Collaboration: Excellent team player with proactive approach in engaging with all internal and external stakeholders (as appropriate)
- Management: Demonstrable capabilities to lead and mentor a team of junior colleagues
- Communication: Excellent oral and written communication skills and outgoing attitude
- Motivation: Demonstrable interest for entrepreneurship, capabilities to work in uncertain environments
- Autonomy: Demonstrable capabilities to work with good degree of autonomy from supervisors
- Creativity: Be able to propose new ideas on various areas including deal-flow generation, investment process, startups monitoring…
- Fun: Be friendly and have a watchful eye towards entrepreneurs
- Values: You identify with the Aster mindset: entrepreneurial spirit, highly motivated, loyal and team player, committed to professional ethics (notably on confidentiality)
How to apply?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and include in the body of your message an explanation of why you’d be great for this role.