Are you passionate about innovation, startups and sustainability? Keen to bring your expertise – and learn more – about the future of digital transformation in key sectors such as energy, mobility and industry? Then we want you to be Aster Fab’s new Consulting Team Lead. You will work for the very first French innovation & sustainability consulting firm backed by a Venture Capital fund. We offer a unique opportunity to learn more about the key drivers shaping tomorrow’s world and to contribute to the growth of a small – but pioneering – consulting firm.
About Aster Fab
At Aster Fab, we make innovation the driving force of a sustainable economy. Driven by the belief that innovation and sustainability go hand in hand, we help customers of all sizes transform even the most traditional of industrial sectors.
As a spin-off of Aster, we exist at the nexus of Venture Capital and Consulting. We leverage Aster’s deep roots in the startup ecosystem – that we have cultivated for over two decades – to stay at the forefront of technological trends. Working together with Aster’s investment team, we benefit from unparalleled access to startups, innovation trends and a rich network. Our team of seasoned professionals (consultants, entrepreneurs, investors) ensure that we provide a unique approach to consulting.
After a successful launch in the second half of 2018, Aster Fab has engaged with several clients across Europe, Africa and North America. A few examples of past projects:
- Design and launch of a leading Oil&Gas firm’s Corporate Venture Capital fund
- Design and implementation of the Open Innovation department of a $10bn US company
- Market and technology studies
- Startup due diligences
- International expansion strategy
- Think forward: we must look into the future and adopt a forward-looking vision of the world. Flying cars, artificial intelligence, clean energy and waste valorization are our day to day.
- Be humble: we are very grateful to work with smart and inspiring people, whether they are colleagues or clients. Respect of each other and each other’s opinions is at the heart of our working culture.
- Add value: prospective and innovation studies can quickly become vague and intangible. We put a strong emphasis on achievable goals and impact-first projects.
- Be caring: whether among colleagues or with our clients, we work hard to provide the best possible working atmosphere. Support, collaboration, and improvement are the roots of our business.
- Never stop learning: we are passionate learners and we are always excited to welcome someone new who can bring new perspectives and share new ideas.
- Take a stance: we are opinionated and we say it out loud.
What you will accomplish
- As a Consulting Team Lead, you will:
- Be a project manager to support our clients:
- Animate the relationship with the clients along the different projects and be responsible for the quality of the deliverables
- Manage a team of consultants and/or freelancers
- Dive deep into innovative sectors through primary and secondary research to perform market analyses
- Conduct analysis and contribute to our clients’ satisfaction by developing client-ready deliverables of the highest caliber.
- Conduct interviews with market experts and entrepreneurs
- Be a key leader in Aster Fab’s development
- Improve and run business development efforts
- Take part in our offering definition and launch of new services
- Support Aster Fab’s junior consultants in their professional development
- Be a dedicated manager to current and future team members
- Take care of recruitment and training of newcomers
You will work directly with Aster’s management team to further develop your role.
- Be a project manager to support our clients:
Who we are looking for
You are enthusiastic about the idea of taking part in the development of a pioneering business in France and beyond!
You are eager to learn and grow your skills
You are rigourous, analytical and organized
You are autonomous, proactive and flexible
You are familiar with the startup and venture capital world
You are concerned about climate change and savvy on the topic
You are fluent in French and English (written and spoken) – French is a must-have
You are service-oriented and obsessed with customer satisfaction
You have an entrepreneurial spirt and you are eager to take and lead initiatives
You show strong interpersonal skills and empathy, you are an active listener
You identify with the values of Aster Fab
You have a first experience in managing teams in the field of Consulting, Venture Capital, Corporate Innovation, CSR or Strategy.
Experience in energy, mobility or industry is a plus but is not mandatory.
A degree in Engineering, Natural or Environmental sciences is preferred.
- Location: 26 avenue de l’Opéra, 75001 Paris – a modern office in a quintessentially Parisian building in the heart of the city
- A relaxed but results-driven work environment, right in between the Opéra and Musée du Louvre. We work hard and have fun thanks to young, enthusiastic, and talented colleagues. We are also happy with a flexible remote work arrangement.
- Contract type: full-time position, permanent contract
- Education Level: Master’s Degree from a top-tier university (Science, engineering, business, political sciences school)
- Experience Level: 5+ years of experience
- Salary: depending on experience
Send CV and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org